In response to the latest COVID-19 news and developments, Frank Keane Volkswagen will be re-opening our Sales and Aftersales departments from 18th May 2020.
Our Sales and Aftersales departments will initially be running on a strictly by appointment-only basis as we continue to follow Government and HSE guidelines.
Whist our showrooms are opening, our online services will remain fully operational at this time. In the event you cannot make it to our showroom, you can ; request a valuation for your trade in, utilise the ‘Live Chat’ functionality, book a future service, pay a reservation deposit and submit a finance application online through our websites.
Effective from 9am on the 18th of May 2020, we will be making the following changes in order to safeguard our customers and staff.
Sales and Service Departments:
- We recognise the urgent need to prioritise our resources to keep our customers mobile - especially those front line staff who are providing medical and emergency services support to the most vulnerable in our society and as such we will be prioritising our bookings and appointment on this basis.
- We will be operating on a reduced capacity, however we will be accepting routine service bookings for all customers on a strictly by appointment-only basis. To aid us in this period we really appreciate customers arriving at their allocated appointment time and request your understanding if your wait time is longer than you might usually expect from us.
- For everybody’s safety we will operate on a strictly by appointment-only basis and will limit the number of customers in our premises at any one time to ensure social distancing can be fully observed. We therefore regretfully request that you do not remain on our premises whilst we are working on your car.
- Upon entry to our premises customers will be requested to take a non-invasive temperature control scan. The scan is administered by standing in front of a computer tablet and requires no interaction on the customer’s part. We would ask any customer who returns a temperature result above the set threshold to return home and consult their GP at the earliest possible opportunity. In this regard all staff on our premises are scanned each morning and are only permitted to work if their temperature is below the threshold mentioned.
- A stand-alone check-in desk will be set up with hand sanitizers for both customers and staff.
- We will only check-in 1 person at a time and social distancing guidelines of 2 meters will be observed throughout the entire process. Social distancing floor stickers throughout our premises will enable you to maintain the correct social distance from other customers and members of our staff.
- Perspex screens have been installed on all Service Advisors workstations to safeguard customer interactions.
- All our staff who come into contact with you or your car will wear a fresh pair of latex gloves and dispose of them after they finish with your car. Social distancing measures are in place in our workshops and showrooms. All necessary PPE is worn by staff when they work on your vehicle for servicing or to perform trade-in assessments.
- We will disinfect every touch point on every vehicle that we service or assess for trade in valuations. We also have options for full sanitisation using an on-site ozone generator which removes 99% of bacteria and allergens from your car.
- For senior citizens and vulnerable people, we will, as long as it is practicable and safe for everybody concerned, try and operate a collection and drop off service. For customers in this category, please contact us by phone.
- We will continue to accept tow-ins and breakdowns but again this has to be on the basis that we are contacted by the customer or tow-in operator to notify us that the vehicle is coming in.
- All payments can only be accepted by credit or debit card. For car purchases where payments are necessary, we will require card payments, Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT’s) or direct funding though VWFS.
- We will be operating on a trade delivery basis only. This means that you will need to order your parts by telephone and pay upon delivery by credit / debit card.
- We will not be facilitating counter parts sales at our showrooms during this phase of eased restrictions. We will review this in line with Government and HSE directives on an ongoing basis.
We are continuously monitoring the latest Government and HSE directives and we will be implementing significant changes to our procedures in order to safeguard our customers and staff.
Our main reception telephone lines are open and we are still here for all of our customers so, if you have questions, issue or concerns whatsoever, please call us on the following numbers Frank Keane Liffey Valley: 01 426 2000 and Deansgrange: 01 654 6000 and we will advise you accordingly..
We would like to applaud and thank all of the front-line and emergency services staff for their outstanding efforts during the crisis. We will continue to offer our support and work with these essential individuals and groups that need our assistance in any way possible.
We recognise that this has been an extremely difficult and anxious time for all individuals, families, businesses and the wider community. We really appreciate your continued business and support.
Finally, we are really pleased to be taking these positive steps forward and look forward to welcoming you at Liffey Valley and Deansgrange.
The Frank Keane Volkswagen Team.